Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, vegetarian french onion soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Vegetarian french onion soup is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Vegetarian french onion soup is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
This super delicious Vegetarian French Onion Soup is rich, decadent, comforting it is all you need to be warm and cozy during this winter. We replaced the traditional beef broth with a rich mushroom broth which made this Vegetarian French Onion soup simply irresistible. This Vegetarian French Onion Soup is VEGAN friendly, simply to make and perfect for cold winter nights when you need something delicious and comforting! I've been LOVING soup this winter (like more than usual) and this Vegetarian French Onion Soup has really been hitting the spot lately!
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have vegetarian french onion soup using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian french onion soup:
- Make ready 5-6 White Onion
- Take 2 tbsp butter
- Take 1 tbsp oil
- Prepare to taste Salt
- Prepare 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Prepare 2 tbsp Maida
- Prepare 2/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Make ready 1 litre Veg stock
- Make ready 2-3 bay leaves,or bundle of herb(thyme, rosemary and bay leaf)
- Get 4 thick slices of Garlic Bread
- Make ready Morzzrella Cheese as required
- Take Processed Cheese as required
A long cooking time and savory ingredients mean this soup is pretty darn rich. French Onion Soup is traditionally made with beef broth - a fact that drove me crazy while growing up vegetarian. This recipe captures all the intense flavor of the original using vegetable broth. The technique is taken from Cook's Illustrated and is absolutely perfect.
Steps to make Vegetarian french onion soup:
- Cut White Onion into Halves.Slice them with the help of slicer.Keep aside.
- In heavy bottom non stick pan..add Butter..melt it.. add oil..and also add sliced onions..Mix well,add Salt & Black Pepper powder.
- Saute on Medium flame for 30mins.. continuously..till Onions are finely Caramelized…to nice Brown colour.Add Maida..Saute.fir two minutes…to see no lumps formed..
- Now add Apple Cider Vinegar..again Saute for few minutes..Add Veg stock..and Bay leaves or bundle of mix herbs.
- Let the soup Simmer for 20 mins till thick..on Medium flame.
- To ASSEMBLE. VEGETARIAN FRENCH ONION SOUP.(1-Serving)
- In a Oven proof Soup Bowl..add 2 laddleful of Prepared Onion Soup.
- On it place Thick slice of Toasted & Buttered Garlic Bread.(Cut thick slices from Garlic Bread loaf. apply butter on one side..toast in Airfryer for 3-4mins at180C orToast on Griddle on both sides)
- Now grate loads of both.. Morzzrella Cheese and Processed Cheese..on it.
- Bake in Preheated Oven..till cheese melt in 180C for 10-15mins.
- Relish & serve hot vegetarian french onion soup.
This recipe captures all the intense flavor of the original using vegetable broth. The technique is taken from Cook's Illustrated and is absolutely perfect. French Onion soup is the ultimate comfort food for the winter time. It's rich, bold in flavour and covered in cheese. Who says the Vegetarian version can't be as good?
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food vegetarian french onion soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!